One of the new cultural and tourist attractions from Madrid, the Bishop's Chapel, which you find in the central Plaza de la Paja, has expanded its Visiting schedule.
To know this artistic jewel of the 16th century, recently reopened to the public, has the problem that, until now, you could only do it in the Guided visits They are held on Tuesday mornings.
From February 3 It is also possible to participate in guided tours of the Bishop's Chapel Thursday afternoons, at 16 and 16.45 hours. For these guided tours you have to Book and pay in advance the tickets (2 euros) at Almudena Cathedral Museum.
Likewise, you also have another possibility to know the Bishop's Chapel, although in a limited way and not on a guided tour.
It is about taking advantage of the daily openings of the Bishop's Chapel for the liturgical acts that every day celebrates the community of Hermanitas del Cordero. During the masses No tourist visit can be made, but it is possible to access half an hour before the start of the liturgy and thus visit it, although maintaining the logical climate of silence and respect.
The Liturgical schedules in the Bishop's Chapel, in the Plaza de la Paja in Madrid, are the following:
- Monday: 6:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 1:00 p.m., 6:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Friday: 1:00 p.m., Eucharistic Adoration until 3:00 p.m., 6:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 12:30, 20:00 Sunday Vigil Office and Eucharistic Adoration until 10 pm
- Sunday: 12:30, 19:00, and Eucharistic Adoration until 20:30